Parish Administration
Parish President
Chief Administrative Officer
Homeland Security E-911
Human Resources
Public Works
Animal Control
Housing - Section 8
Mosquito Control
Permit Department
Planning and Zoning
Registrar of Voters
Sewerage District No. 1
Storm Water
Waterworks District No. 3
Parish Council
Parish Boards & Commissions
Iberia Parish | La Dept. of Health
Acadiana Regional Airport
County Agent / LSU AG
Economic Development District No. 1
Iberia Fire District No. 1
Parks and Recreation

Permit Department:

Iberia Parish Permit Department
715-A Weldon Street
New Iberia, LA 70560

Phone: 337-369-4438

Hours: 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.


The purpose of the Iberia Parish Permit Office is to ensure that all building codes adopted by the Iberia Parish Council are enforced and in compliance, relating to the construction of any structure outside the city limits of New Iberia and within the boundaries of Iberia Parish.

Inspections are performed in a timely manner according to the International Building Code, the International Existing Building Code 2006, the International Residential Code, the International Electrical Code NEC 2005, the International Mechanical Code 2006, the International Fuel Gas Code 2006, the Louisiana State Sanitary Code and in compliance with all existing Iberia Parish ordinances.

Permit fee payments must be made by money order, debit/credit card or company check. No cash or personal checks are accepted.

Before you go to the Permit Office, please take a look at the following information to find out exactly what documents you will need in order to be issued a permit.

This office also helps residents in determining the flood elevations associated with their property.


General Information

Plan Review Application

New Residential and/or Addition

Residential Renovations/No Additions

Residential Roof Replacement

New Commercial and/or Addition

Commercial Renovations/No Additions

Commercial Roof Replacement

Residential Movables

Commercial Movables

Accessory Structures / Miscellaneous

Digging a Pond or Berm

Contractor License Requirements

Rezoning Application

Board of Adjustments Application

Mobile Home Park Ordinance

Application for Occupational License

Application for Parish Liquor License

Application for Special Event Permit

2009 - 2023  All Rights Reserved