Iberia Parish News:
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR IBERIA PARISH REGISTRAR OF VOTERS - 10/24/2017
For more information contact: Brenda P. Bergeron, Clerk of the Council
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR
IBERIA PARISH REGISTRAR OF VOTERS
TO BE ACCEPTED UNTIL
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2017 AT 4:30 P.M.
NEW IBERIA, LA, OCTOBER 24, 2017 - The Iberia Parish Council announces the application process for persons wishing to submit their names for consideration to appointment as the Iberia Parish Registrar of Voters.
Persons who are interested in being appointed as the Registrar must meet the following qualifications:
● Each applicant to fill the office of Registrar of Voters shall be a registered voter. If appointed to fill the Office of Registrar of Voters, the applicant shall become a resident and registered voter of the parish in which he/she is to perform his duties prior to taking the Oath of Office. The Registrar shall remain a resident and qualified voter of the parish in which he/she is to perform his duties.
● The registrar shall possess at least one of the following at the time of appointment:
● A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution and two years of full-time, professional work experience*; or
● An associate degree from an accredited institution and four years of full-time, professional work experience*; or
● Seven years of full-time, professional work experience*; or
● Five years of full-time employment in a Registrar's office in Louisiana.
*For purposes of this appointment, "professional work experience" means experience in an occupation which requires specialized and theoretical knowledge usually acquired through college training or through work experience and other training which provides comparable knowledge.
Persons interested in this appointment should complete the application which may be obtained by contacting the Clerk of the Council at email@example.com. The completed application, along with a letter of interest and a resume containing at least three references, should be returned no later than Friday, November 3, 2017, at 4:30 p.m. to the attention of Ms. Natalie Broussard, Chairman, Iberia Parish Council, c/o Clerk of the Council, 300 Iberia Street - Suite 410, New Iberia, LA 70560 in order to be considered for this appointment. Applications, letters, and resumes may also be faxed to 337-369-7424. Persons who meet the qualifications provided by law may be offered an interview in connection with this appointment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
This information was published in the October 22nd edition of The Daily Iberian and will be published in the October 29th edition.
On behalf of Iberia Parish Government, best wishes are extended to Registrar of Voters Mildred Adams upon the announcement of her retirement, which becomes effective October 31, 2017. Ms. Adams began her service with Iberia Parish in January 1976 and has served the Parish as the Registrar since 1985.
BY DIRECTION OF THE CHAIRMAN
/s/Brenda P. Bergeron
Brenda P. Bergeron
Clerk of the Council