The Iberia Parish Mosquito Abatement District is conducting control operations. Unusually warm temperatures and intermittent rains have sparked mosquito activity. Residents may notice mosquito control workers in their neighborhood. If you have biting mosquitoes around your home please call our office Mon. - Fri., 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM for assistance, after hours leave message, email, IPMC@iberiagov.net or click on the "mosquito control" link on the Iberia Parish Government web page to request mosquito spraying at your home. Check out our Facebook page, “Iberia Parish Mosquito Abatement District”. Residents throughout the Parish are urged to follow these simple guidelines recommended by the CDC!
· Apply mosquito repellent that contains DEET, Picaridin or Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus and apply as directed on the label!
· Protect children sensitive to insect bites with repellent and cover exposed skin --- there are many preparations sold in drug stores and camping sections of local stores that are formulated for adults as well as children.
· Wear light colored, light weight clothing with long sleeves and long pants when outdoors particularly at DAWN and DUSK.
· Avoid wearing perfumes or colognes when outside for prolonged periods.
· DRAIN --- Remove all sources of standing water near your home (i.e. cans, barrels, planters, tires, containers and tarps).
· Keep all pools, spas, bird baths, ponds and fountains clean and free of debris.
· Maintain tight fitting screens on doors and windows.
· Don’t FEED the storm drains! Sweep up lawn clippings, leaves and tree limbs from sidewalks and driveways.
If you have any questions or mosquito related problems feel free to contact our office at (337) 365-4933 or 369-7636. Please visit us on the web www.iberiaparishgovernment.com and click on “Mosquito Control”. For more information about West Nile Virus and pesticides for mosquito control please visit www.cdc.gov and www.epa.gov.
Any questions after office hours please contact Herff Jones (337) 380-7140.