Parish Government

337-365-8246

 

Parish Council

337-365-8246

 

Homeland Security

337-369-4427

 

Permits

337-369-4438

 

Public Works

337-364-8474

 

Parks and Recreation

337-365-6197

 

Sewerage District #1

337-369-4413









 

Iberia Parish President M. Larry Richard – Here is the latest NWS forecast for our area.
8/28/2016  Administration

The probability of development for Invest 99L is higher than yesterday, up from 40% to 60% in the next five days. We will have another update after our next NWS conference call at 4PM today. ...


The National Weather Service in Lake Charles is monitoring the tropics. Invest 99L is trying to get more organized today, between Cuba and Florida. NHC gives this system a medium (40%) chance of developing into a tropical cyclone in the southeastern Gulf of Mexico by Tuesday, and a medium (60%) chance of development through the end of the week in the eastern Gulf. This system still shows no significant threat to our region.

Elsewhere in the tropics, Gaston is now a hurricane, but will remain out in the Atlantic Ocean. Tropical Depression 8 has now formed west of Bermuda. It could briefly become a tropical storm before weakening as it heads towards North Carolina later this week. A tropical wave is forecast to move off the African coast on Tuesday. This system has a medium (60%) chance of development later this week as it moves across the Atlantic Ocean.

Locally, we are still dealing with the effects of a trough of low pressure on the upper Texas coast. Around an inch of rain is expected in parts of southeast Texas and southern Louisiana this afternoon, with locally higher amounts of 3 to 5 inches possible along and south of the I-10 corridor. Around a quarter of an inch to half an inch of rain is expected in central Louisiana.

Tides continue to run half a foot to a foot above normal, but we will be going to a low tide this afternoon and evening, so no coastal flooding is expected.




For more information contact:   Prescott Marshall

LATEST NEWS
Iberia Parish President M. Larry Richard would like to announce the immediate reopening of the bridge on Bull Island Road
Parish President M. Larry Richard would like to announce the closure of a portion of Teche Lake Road
Iberia Parish President M. Larry Richard would like to announce the immediate reopening of Melancon Road
Iberia Parish President M. Larry Richard w0ould like to announce the closure of Coulee Road Bridge
Parish President M. Larry Richard would like to announce the immediate reopening of the bridge on Hardin
Parish President M. Larry Richard would like to announce the project on the David J. Berard Road
Iberia Parish Government is announcing an opening for an Animal Control Officer II.
Parish President M. Larry Richard announces Dave Robichaux's Hometown Literary Festival
 
 
         
 
Parish Council
Dist. 1 “Tommy” Pollard, Sr. Dist. 2 J. E. Davis, Jr.
Dist. 3 Thomas J. Landry Dist. 4 Lloyd Brown
Dist. 5 Warren P. Gachassin, Jr. Dist. 6 Natalie Broussard
Dist. 7 Paul Landry Dist. 8 Ricky J. Gonsoulin
Dist. 9 Joel J. Dugas Dist. 10 Eugene A. Olivier, Sr.
Dist. 11 Brian P. Napier Dist. 12 Berwick Francis, Jr.
Dist. 13 Marty Trahan Dist. 14 Chad Maturin
Departments
Acadiana Regional Airport
Animal Control
County Agent/LSU AG
Fire District No.1
Health Unit
Homeland Security/E-911
Housing - Section 8
Library
Mosquito Control
Parks & Recreation
Permit Department
Planning and Zoning
Public Works Department
Registrar of Voters
Sewerage District No. 1
SugArena
Tourism
Waterworks District 3
 

©2009 - 2016  All Rights Reserved

site powered by affordableconsulting.com